I’ve been developing websites in one form or another since 1997. Starting out with basic hand coding in Notepad and Netscape 1, my interest led me to complete an MSc in Multimedia Applications and I’ve worked in web design and development ever since.
- Developing websites using web standards and compliance to W3C guidelines.
- CSS3 including progressive enhancement.
- Responsive design using fluid grids, media queries and viewports.
- Developed custom child themes.
- Administered multi-user sites with granular access levels.
- Deployed Active Directory (AD) authentication allowing staff to comment on strategic proposals.
- Written custom functions for additional functionality.
- Written shortcodes for users to easily add in assets.
- Authored comment moderation and community guidelines.
PHP / MySQL
- Built CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) systems using PHP.
- Developed secure logins using cookies and CAPTCHA.
- Built master / detail pages on previous portfolio website.
- Familiar with PHP MyAdmin and cPanel.
- Developed custom PHP code in WordPress.
Although I’d describe myself as a generalist, in recent years have tended to focus on PHP / MySQL as my main platform.
- Developed a sandbox site using custom templates.
- Customised the user admin design.
- Used views to filter data.
ASP and ASP.NET
- Developed a redeployment register for Human Resources (secured using Active Directory), Research Assessment Exercise website and tag clouds using XML feeds as a data source.
- jQuery and jQuery Mobile
- XML / XSLT and RSS