Guidelines and standards
- Co-authored the video production standards and quality assurance guidelines for the University of Leeds. These are in regular use by five production companies.
I shot and edited a short video on liquid-cooled server technology that got picked up by several tech websites, and has received over 23,000 views on YouTube.
- Helped develop a set of branding assets for University of Leeds video content including opening animations, logo idents, captions and audio sting. These have been created to work in Final Cut, AVID and other major edit packages.
- I set up and manage the University of Leeds YouTube channel.
- Work with colleagues to ensure all content meets quality assurance standards.
- Provided technical support and advice for a recent YouTube campaign using annotations and multiple pathways through content.
- Currently working as a technical adviser on the University of Leeds iTunes U channel (set for release in September 2013).
- I’ve edited several videos using Final Cut based on existing footage, to include new soundtracks and help promote research.
- I’ve produced simple video walk-throughs for the University of Leeds Image Library.