My current role has allowed me the opportunity to use my love of social media to create online communities.
I manage several social media channels for the University of Leeds, and work with colleagues to ensure we offer an engaging, fun and safe environment for all our audiences.
Advice and guidance
- I regularly offer support and help for colleagues with social media queries, and will be running a social media surgery in January 2014.
- Co-authored best practice guidelines and social media strategy documents.
- Provide basic training in social media channels and Hootsuite for colleagues.
- Set up the University of Leeds official Facebook page and now manage the channel with colleagues.
- Developed Facebook apps for specific events including open days, and worked with external developers on other projects.
- Created custom objects and actions in Open Graph.
- Wrote community guidelines for visitors.
- Set up and manage the University of Leeds channel.
- Ensure all content meets quality assurance standards.